Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

MOM
Meet my mom:
- my mom is foxy Roxy
- my mom is BYU's no. 1 Fan
- my mom is beautiful
- my mom is organized: for is she wasn't who knows where we'd all be
- my mom doesn't back down: watch out
- my mom speaks her mind: if you don't like it tough!
- Mom is loving
- my mom is caring (she not afraid to remind me)
- my mom is my biggest supporter
- my mom is my biggest fan
- my mom is cool
- my mom is up on the coolest styles (thanks for the clothes)
- my mom is persistent
- my mom is loving
- my mom is dedicated
- my mom is loyal: never misses a game
- my mom is caring
- my mom is spiritual
- my mom is A good friend
- my mom is a good listener
- my mom is optimistic
- my mom is confident
- My mom is smart
- my mom is a daughter of god
- my mom is never quitting
- my mom is an example
- my mom is tough
- my mom is always there
- my mom is amazing just the way she is
- my mom is the best!

" no more sacred word exists in secular or holy writ than that of MOTHER. There is no more noble work than that of a good and god-fearing mother.."
- Benson

" the love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of god than any other kind of love"

"sisters, we your brethren cannot do what you were divinely designated to do from before the foundation of the world. We may try, but we cannot ever hope to replicate you unique gifts. there is nothing in this world as personal, as nurturing, or as life changing as the influence of a righteous woman."
- elder Ballard

" there is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation. By divine design, nurturing seems to be apart of the spiritual heritage given to women."
- pres Faust

"The crowning of his glorious work, he created woman. I like to regard eve as his masterpiece after all that had gone before, the final work before he rested from his labors"
- Hinkley

dsorensen6

******************

foxy Roxy
happy mothers day
don't know how to tell you or to put into words how much i care and appreciate you as a mother other than I LOVE YOU. i mean what would we all do without you... who would be our source of entertainment at family get togethers? from eating one to many grapes, or all the famous one liners. (there all Joe Boxer, first and ten do it again, can they block the kickoff... etc)
thank you so much for being my #1 fan in all that i do. i cant tell you how much it meant to me to have you week in and week out at my football games this last year.
as i date to find an eternal companion, i struggle to find one that measures up to the standard that you have set as Mother. as you did such a good job of raising each one of us and teaching us... even if it was by beating us with the iron rod.
but i know i can speak for all of us when i say that we would not be half the Men or Women that we are today without your love and guidance, example and testimony that we felt every single day in the home.
love you Mom
happy mothers day
Love Brad

******************

Mom,

Nothing we can say or give you could
ever convey the love and appreciation we have for you and all you do!!! We are so lucky to be the only ones that live near you and dad, and not just because of all the food we eat (although it is nice). We really do love you and hope you have a great day.

Love Bryan and Nicole

And as a mothers day present Bryan will root for the Lakers

*************


Mother's Day Then and Now

Dear Mom,
Thank you! Thank you for teaching me to be confident. Thank you for teaching me to be strong. Thank you for teaching me how to be organized. Thank you for teaching me how to clean. Thank you for teaching me how to be a mother. Thank you for all the time you spent making things for me. (I still can't even imagine how long it took you to sew all those tiny doll clothes) Thank you for all the time you spend making things for my kids. Thank you for your attention to detail. Thank you for showing me how to always do my best. Thank you for always coming when I have a baby. Thank you for your advice. Thank you for being a listening ear. Thank you for being a friend. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for loving my children. I could never THANK you enough for all you have sacrificed for me. I love you. Happy Mother's Day
Love--Emily and Family






**********

To Mom,

Mother dear i love you so, your happy smiling face is such a joy to look at, you make home a lovely place.

Mother i love you, mother i do. Father in heaven has sent me to you. When I am near you i love to hear you reminding me to clean up me room.

I still remember tearing up in a small church in the Peruvian mountains as I heard a group of young primary children singing these songs in Spanish. Mom, you are such an amazing person and are the only one in the world who could have raised us children the way you did. I wish i could adequately express how much you mean to me but I love you will have to do.

Cody

*********


Mom,
You have always instilled in me to be proud of who I am, and to be a leader not a follower. Most of the achievements I have reach in my life you were there to give me the initial push or shove, and often were there to guide me to the finish. Like a stripping warrior taught by his mother, I felt confident that I could achieve any goal. Your inspirational quotes throughout my life like " how hard is it to put a tiny ball in a giant metal rim" or "tape it up....your hand is fine" still echo in my thoughts as I try to raise my kids to be strong willed self believers. As the rock that was joined with Dad, us kids had a very stable, loving, and character building home life, and your tireless service as Mom, has helped me become the man I am today. Now as a parent I can reflect on your time as my mother with reverence as you did so much for me and the other kids that I will always be grateful. You helped us kids understand the plan of salvation, and you chaining us to the iron rod is seen by me now as often carrying us along side the iron rod as you often shielded us from the temptations and detractors that where trying to trip us up.........like every girlfriend I ever brought home. The name "Bulldog" meant that you would not let go, but now I understand that it meant you would not put yourself before your kids, and you would not stop until the goal was reached. Mom you are one in a million and I'm eternally grateful that you are my mother. Happy Mothers Day - Love Trev


Foxy Roxy the hottest mom n law ever. my whole life I have been surrounded around amazingly strong women and realized that every mom had a different love language toward their children. I have never met a woman so organized and on top of every detail in their children lives. I remember coming to Cali once and flash was with us and he was wearing a shirt of Trev's from high school and instantly u recognized it as Trev from his sophomore yr I never understood how hard it was gonna be to stay on top of my kids until I had my second Soon after I realized how quickly your house can fall apart In seconds if u do not stay on top of things. When your home and life are organized in such a way it brings such a sense of calm and peace and surrounds your home with the holy spirit. in your life I soon realized that was truly part of your love language and there after I dedicated myself after your wonderful example. I'm sure I will never be quite as on top of it all like u are but I will continue to strive to your
level every day. Another key point of your love language I identified just shortly after acquainting your family almost ten yrs ago was your extreme dedication to making your kids feel of your support in their lives. I know we all joke with you about never planing anything during any sports season but I have come to the understanding that it is so incredibly important to be active involved and present in the every day events and games in your kids and grand kids lives A lot of people are big on saying the words I love u and anyone can throw that phrase around and it not mean that much. however, through your actions toward your kids I'm sure none of us have ever questioned your love for us. U r such an incredible woman and I hope that I can continue your legacy on of being such an amazing mom through my actions support and organization of my home.
U raised such an incredible son I will forever be in debt to u for raising such an incredible man. He has become the most living father and attentive hubby


Your grand girls love their grandma Roxy and ask for u all the time I wish we had u around more often


After getting caught with two Costco size baby powder bottles have a war they said when they got caught they were just tying to make grandma Roxy's bed smell better and feel softer
Trying to instill the importance and tradition of athletics
I love u so much have a wonderful mothers day Love Lex




Happy Mother's Day from all of us!!! We LOVE you

2 comments:

Letti said...

Those were the sweetest letters! Happy Mothers Day!

Cody and Jen said...

Looks like mine didn't make it in there, but I just wanted you to know how grateful I am to have you as my Mother-in-law. You are such an amazing woman and an amazing mother. Thank you for all you do for us.

Happy Mother's Day!!
Love you,
Jen